Monday 6 March 2017

Task 1a Professional Profile

This task is aimed to develop my online profile,

My name is Dominique Davies, I am a 24 year old Professional Dancer. Like most young girls I started dancing from the age of 3, I trained in my hometown of Stafford studying Ballet, Tap and Modern at my local dance school under the NATD syllabus.
At the age of 18 I moved to Essex to attend Performers College where I studied all styles of dance, singing, acting and musical theatre. My 3 years at college helped me attain a Trinity College Diploma and I also managed to gain my ISTD DDI teaching qualifications in Ballet, Tap and Modern.
Since leaving college I have attended many auditions and worked for choreographers such as Emma Rogers and Brain Rogers and I have had the pleasure to be part of Paul Hammond Feel The Magic, Plan B Productions and most recently Warner Leisure Hotels, who I currently work for based on The Isle of Wight.
I am now looking to further my career and expand my knowledge about the industry and I believe that this BAPP course will help me do that.

I believe that a wide and diverse Curriculum Vitae can be very important to advancing your career, it's very easy to write down everything you have done and achieved but it's not so easy to make yourself stand out and make that piece of paper become a person. The majority of the time you would first attract an employer through your CV and only then would they meet you for an interview, so I strongly believe it is important to make a good first impression. To do this I have worked on my style of writing, presentation skills and creating unique touches that make you stand out from others on the same career path to give me the advantage with my first steps on the employment ladder.

I first developed my CV in high school, as a student I was encouraged to write my CV to give myself the best start at attaining a job. At 16 I got my first job, over the years my CV started to grow and develop it's self but it was up to me to ensure I kept my CV up to date for potential work. It was only when I started auditioning for amateur dramatic work and applying for dance colleges that I had to develop a CV for my performing work. At dance college we were given templates on how to write a CV and the information that needed to be on it, therefore being able to present yourself in the best way possible and providing all details to increase the chance of being offered a job, throughout my time at college I was given many opportunities that would later help to expand my career and my Performing CV.

I now have 2 CV's both for different types of work, it is then easier to present yourself appropriately for your future employer. However some of my work crosses over onto both CV's. Both are shown below.

CV




Performing CV



No comments:

Post a Comment