Thursday 23 March 2017

Task 1d 2d Images

This for me is one of the easier tasks, in this day and age there are so many different ways of getting yourself seen and known for something that you want people to remember you by. Web 2.0 is a constant reminder of this. Facebook, Instagram, Flickr are commonly and widely used by people all over the world, they are able to watch, comment and get in contact with you personally on your posts.  This has a positive and negative impact on your life and career.

This task has really made me think about how I present myself and I have asked myself a few questions



Do I want Professional or Personal?
Is it important for me to keep my personal life separate from my work?
Should I have separate accounts on social media so that I am able to keep my personal life private and my work space professional?
How do I want to present yourself?
How do I approach negativity professionally?

Being professional is very important to me, I feel like it has been drilled into me since I was a child and it can often be very hard when others don't agree or don't want to share the same approach to work as me. When googling the word professional both adjectives below apply to me personally. First being that I belong to the Performing Arts profession and second that performing is my one main paid occupation.



To approach this task I am unsure on whether to separate personal from professional. When I started reading and working on this task I would have said to make sure there is a clear divide but having looked closer at the topic, is it more important to be yourself? What are potential employers looking for? Obviously they want someone who looks and works professionally, but also a real person, someone who can work in a team. So this got me thinking that having everything under one roof shows and presents the real me.

Throughout my career so far I have had my headshots and body shots taken every other year and I have photos from productions that I have taken part in. I make sure that all of these are visible on my Instagram and Facebook as you never know who will see them and could be potential new employers. Below are photos from Photographer Helen Overmire and some production shots during It's A Swing Thing at Warner Leisure Hotels.



































I try to keep everything unto date on my Instagram feel free to have a look
@dominiqueydavies

Professional Dancer



1 comment:

  1. Nice shots Dominique - and linked to your professional work - yes professional -where did you sources come from ? I also found this one about a music teacher and Stan Lester has worked with Middlesex before - his definition is something that we have looked at on the course before - what do you think of his ideas compared to your own? His ideas are on this link- http://devmts.org.uk/profnal.pdf

    ReplyDelete